Council Elections 2018

Council Elections are held every four years. The next elections will be held in November 2018.


Almost everyone over 18 living, owning or leasing property on Kangaroo Island can be eligible to vote.

You must be enrolled on the Council voters roll to be able to vote. Enrolment on Council Voter's roll for the November elections are now closed however you can still enrole for future elections.

You are eligible to vote if you are:

  • 18 years of age or over on or before the close of voting (Friday, 9 November 2018) and
  • A resident on Kangaroo Island. You do not have to own a house or property to enrol to vote - tenants have those rights too.
  • Owners of property who are not residents, including body corporates or groups, also have entitlemennts to enrol to vote.


How do I get on the Council Voters roll?

You will automatically appear on the Council voters roll and receive a postal ballot pack if you are:

  • Already on the State Electoral Roll (House of Assembly roll) which means you vote in State Govt. Elections however if you have changed address or postal address recently and have not changed your enrolment details you will need to do so.Please visit Electoral Commission SA website to download the change of address forms.


Voter's Roll Enrolment Forms

Form 1 - Resident, Sole Owner or Sole Occupier

  • A Resident must have lived in the Council area for more than one month
  • Sole Owner person who owns property in the Council area and is the only owner
  • Sole Occupier is a tenant in the Council area and does not live in that property (a non resident occupier)

Form 2 - Body Corporate Sole Owner or Sole Occupier (tenant)

  • A body corporate sole owner oroccupier is an individual business or organisation thaht owns or occupies any type of rateable property in the Council area.

Please note: Organisations, business owners or occupiers are required to nominate a designated person to vote on their behalf who is a natural person, of or above 18 years of age.

Form 3 - Group Owners or Group Occupiers (tenants)

  • A property is owned by more than one owner (group owner) or occupied by more than one occupier/tenant) can be businesses, individual people or combination.

If you are unsure whether you are on Council Voters roll contact the Rates & Debtors Officer on 08 8553 4500.








Kangaroo Island Council | 43 Dauncey St (PO Box 121) KINGSCOTE SA 5223
Phone: 08 8553 4500 | Fax: 08 8553 2885 | Email:
Kangaroo Island Weather